Effective Date: November 11, 2021
Who We Are
Consero, which owns and operates the Platform, has its principal place of business at 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 330, Bethesda, Maryland, 20814, United States. More information about Consero Group and its network of programs can be found at www.consero.com.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) and other applicable laws globally, Consero Group LLC is the entity responsible for your personal information (the data controller).
If you have any questions about this Policy or how Consero processes your personal information, please email us at Info@consero.com or contact us at:
Consero Group LLC
3 Bethesda Metro Center, Suite 330
Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
Any complaints about our adherence to the practices described in this Policy should first be addressed to Consero’s Legal team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us
We will collect and store any personal information you provide to us, for example, when you contact us about our Platform, when you access and use our Sites or the Consero App, when you register or attend an event, apply for a job with us, or communicate with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Personal information is data that identifies you, or that can be combined with other information to identify or contact you and includes (but is not limited to) your name, business or personal email address, job title, organization, organization’s physical address, direct telephone number, photograph, and biographical details. Personal information may also include a record of your participation in our events as an attendee, presenter or a member of the press.
When you apply for a job with us we will process your candidate data, for example, your employment history, qualifications, academic qualifications and education records, and any other information that you provide to us when applying for a role, for example in your curriculum vitae, a covering letter, on an application form or during an interview, or that we have received from a recruitment agency or background check provider.
You are not obligated to provide us with any personal information, although you may need to provide some information to register as a member, attend an event, submit a question, apply for a job with us or engage in other activities on the Platform. We strive to limit the type of personal information that we collect to information that helps us accomplish our goal of providing first-class services.
If you access the protected areas of any of the Platform (via the Sites or the Consero App), we may collect additional information relating to your participation in Forums or Roundtables run by Consero. We also may obtain information about your access to and use of research materials, decision-support tools, and other online and offline resources we offer.
Information from other sources
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other sources. Examples of information we may receive include updated contact information and additional demographic information. Please note that Consero may have previously collected personal information relating to you at the time you or your organization enrolled in a program run by Consero, as well as in the course of allocating and issuing to you a unique ID and password to access the restricted areas of our Sites.
Information collected automatically
When you access and use our Platform, we automatically collect and analyze certain information through automated means. This information includes but may not be limited to:
- Device data, such as the IP address used to connect your device to the Internet, information about your browser type and language, operating system, the date and time you are accessing our Platform, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us, and any referring website address. We also collect any telephone number from which you contact us.
- Log data, such as information associated with your activities on our Platform, including information about the way you interact with our Platform, statistics regarding your page views and traffic to and from our Platform, and the number of bytes transferred, hyperlinks clicked, and other actions you take.
When you access our content via the Consero App, the app will store an authentication token so you will not need to login every time.
We may use (or may contract with service providers to use) cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information about your activities on the Platform. We use this information to improve our Platform, and to help us remember you and your preferences when you next visit our Platform. For more information about our practices in this area, please see our Cookie Notice.
Payment privacy statement
How We Use the Information We Collect
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy only where we have a valid legal ground for doing so under applicable data protection law. The legal ground will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal information and the data protection law that applies with respect to our activities in your jurisdiction.
We will use your personal information for the following purposes as is necessary for the performance of our obligations under our customer terms, or to answer questions or take steps at your request prior to entering those terms:
- to respond to inquiries that you submit to us via the online “contact us” feature and determine which programs and services will help you achieve your business goals;
- to administer your membership in any of our programs and facilitate your access to and provide you with resources, decision-support tools, and other materials available to you;
- to assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to our Platform;
- to verify your identity, investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access to our Platform, and other illegal activities; and
- for the purposes for which you provided the information.
We use your personal information for the following purposes as is necessary for certain legitimate interests, or where you have given your consent to such processing to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time):
- for internal administrative and technical operations to keep our Platform, network and information systems updated, patched and secure;
- to send you information about our programs and services that you have requested from us;
- to attribute content that you make available through the Sites;
- to communicate with you about surveys, marketing, promotions, executive-oriented events, educational forums, and other exclusive opportunities offered by Consero Group LLC and its partners, and affiliates, including information about other programs in which you may be interested;
- to confirm, update and improve our records, and to analyze and develop our relationship with you;
- to customize the content you see;
- to engage in research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our programs and services, as well as develop new services;
- to generate anonymous and/or aggregated reporting;
- to enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Platform;
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Platform;
- to enhance our network and our products and services;
- to ensure the technical functioning of the Platform; and
- to (i) comply with legal obligations, (ii) respond to requests from competent authorities; (iii) protect our interests; (iv) protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our partners, you or others; and (v) enforce or defend our legal rights.
We may use special category or “sensitive” personal information, such as health data, to provide you with specialized services, such as disabled access to our events, where you have given your consent to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time, subject to restrictions permitted by such law).
If you apply to work for Consero, we will use your personal information in the following ways as necessary in our legitimate interests, or where you have given your consent to such processing to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time, subject to restrictions permitted by such law) and to decide whether to enter into a contract with you:
- to assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role you have applied for;
- to carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- to communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- to keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
On some of our Sites, you may be asked to create an online profile, which may include information about your job title, employer, and your experience in different areas. This profile enables us to meet your specific needs as a program attendee and keep current on all issues in the that industry. You can choose how much, if any, of your profile information is displayed in this profile.
Choices About the Use of Your Information
We believe that it is important to give you the opportunity to choose how your personal information is collected and used. We will not use your personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy or any service-specific privacy notices without first notifying you and obtaining your explicit consent to do so to the extent required by applicable law. Your consent to such uses of your personal information may be withdrawn at any time.
Marketing Communications: We hope you find value in the communications we provide, and we will respect your wishes not to receive marketing communications. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email communications we send, or by contacting us using the details contained in the “Contact Us” section at the top of this Policy. Please note that we will continue to send you pre/post forum or roundtable emails and other service-related communications regardless of any such request. These service-related communications are an integral part Forums and Roundtable planning process and are used to ensure the highest level of customer services and logistical ease for all attendees. We will not share or sell your personal information with third parties for their own promotional or marketing purposes.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice Concerning Do Not Track Signals: Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
Disclosures of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with other companies or individuals in the following instances:
- When we engage service providers and third-party agents to process personal information on our behalf. When we do so, we contractually require these service providers to implement adequate technological and organizational security and privacy measures before they can receive any personal information from us to ensure that your personal information will be appropriately protected and only used for the purposes of performing the services for us.
- For legitimate business purposes connected with the provision of goods, services, and benefits for customers of Consero. Where information is shared with a third party for a legitimate business purpose, we will seek reasonable assurances from that third party that the personal information will be processed for legitimate reasons and appropriately protected.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Consero, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers, investors, and partners. Aggregate or anonymous information does not contain any personal information, and its use and disclosure is not subject to the terms of this Policy.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We operate the Platform in the United States and, depending on your country of residence, the submission of personal information to our Platform will involve some transfer of personal information to the United States. If you are using the Platform from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. By using the Platform, you acknowledge and agree to this transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
In addition, we may transfer personal information to our employees working outside of the United States, including Europe. You should be aware that privacy laws in the United States and Europe may not provide protections equivalent to those of your country of residence.
We will protect the privacy and security of personal information in accordance with this Policy regardless of where it is processed or stored, however you acknowledge and agree that personal information stored or processed in the United States will be subject to the laws of the United States, including the ability of governments, courts, and law enforcement or regulatory agencies of the United States to obtain disclosure of your personal information.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
In some cases, members can directly access their online profiles and other personal details, enabling them to amend, update or add information by themselves at any time by logging into their ConseroLink profile.
You can also request access to any personal information that we hold about you and ask us to correct any personal information which may be inaccurate, except where the law requires otherwise. To access, correct or raise inquiries concerning your personal information in our possession, please contact us using the details contained in the “Contact Us” section at the top of this Policy.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organizational security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and we assume no liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration, or misuse of information during transmission.
We make reasonable efforts to restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our programs and services. We subject our third-party agents to contractual controls to ensure that they apply suitable protections to any personal information they access or receive from us.
Retention of Information
We will store your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which such personal information is processed. Please note, however, that we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove such information from our databases, which means that we may retain and use your personal information as necessary after you stop using our Platform.
To provide increased value to users of our Sites, we may provide links to other websites or resources that are not part of the network of programs run by Consero. We do not exercise control over these websites or their privacy practices, and any information you provide to those sites is subject to the Privacy Policies of those sites, and not this Policy.
European and UK Residents
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom, in certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information that we hold about you—specifically:
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you be deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of your personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under this Policy or data protection law, we ask that you contact us first to see if we can resolve the issue. However, you have the right to make a complaint to a supervisory authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Law permits visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email to email@example.com or write to us at the address above.
Our Sites contain business-related content and are specifically aimed at and designed for use by adults. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about individuals under the age of 18 years. If you become aware that an individual has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details contained in the “Contact us” section at the top of this Policy. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Changes to This Policy
This Policy may change from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the revised Policy on this page and by revising the “Effective Date” at the top of the Policy. If we feel it appropriate, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification). We encourage you to periodically review our Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy. Your continued use of our Platform following such posts or notices will signal your acceptance of such changes.